The English Riviera Tourism Company’s PR team members Lydia Stone and Anita Newcombe joined a group of Travel Editors from some of the UK’s leading national publications as they visited Agatha Christie’s Greenway on a glorious sunny day today.
The Travel Editors, who arrived by boat along the beautiful River Dart were given a tour of Greenway House by the Greenway team, plus copies of the English Riviera Tourism Company’s Agatha Christie Trail, the NEW English Riviera Agatha Christie DVD and full details of the world famous Agatha Christie Festival.
The Travel Editors left with a wonderful impression of the Greenway House and Estate and lots of information with which to delight their many readers!
Every year, the English Riviera transforms itself into the murder mystery capital of Europe, with ladies and gentlemen in their period finery immersing themselves in a week-long round of tea parties, theatre, dinners on steam trains and vintage bus tours – all for the annual week long Agatha Christie Festival (9 -16 September 2012).
New events for 2012 include…….
- Strychnine Ballroom – vintage ball
- 21st century Christie: Publishing Christie to a modern audience. With David Brawn, head of publishing at HarperCollins (Christie publishers since 1926)
- Agatha Christie’s Greatest Work panel discussion with Mathew Prichard, Christie’s grandson
- Brand new Agatha Christie service at All Saints Church (site of her baptism)
- An audience with the cast and crew behind the official Agatha Christie Theatre Company’s Murder on the Nile production
- Plenty of murder mysteries!
- One mile Agatha Christie Sea Swim in aid of the Devon Air Ambulance
- Garden parties to die for
- And copious amounts of Devon Cream Teas
Interest in the festival is now so great that the English Riviera Tourism Company has launched a NEW ‘Agatha Christie’s Riviera’ website where visitors can now book their tickets online, plan their festival itinerary and chat to other fans worldwide on the new Agatha Christie Festival online forum.
The full festival programme is now available online at: http://www.agathachristiefestival.co.uk.